Robinson Crusoe: The Game Robinson Crusoe: The Game

Good concept, not perfect execution.

Alright, to begin, for people saying that the game is impossible to complete, I managed to finish on my....third try. It's not impossible, it's just not easy.

Having said that, while the difficulty curve wasn't impossible, I feel that it detracted from the game. You never really had time to explore or enjoy the game as you were just playing a constant juggling act with the stats to keep Crusoe from dropping dead. After having completed it I realized you could also cheat by keeping only one stat raised, but that felt like a rather cheap way to make it easier. It would be nice to have an adjustable difficulty, or at least have items like coconuts be a bit more useful.

The short duration of the game also rather discourages exploration. All in all you feel like it wants you to just cling to a small area by the stream and only step out if you absolutely need to.

The ending is also rather unsatifying and has the general air of 'was going to add in a proper end but ran out of time' to it.

Having said this, it's quite impressive for only three days work. It would be nice if it could be worked on and updated a bit in response to feedback.

Battle Shift Battle Shift

One issue with it...

I enjoyed the game, but there was one issue that ended up killing me a couple of times that I felt was a little bit cheap.

The attacks are all the same shade of black, so it's very hard to distinguish them. For example when the wave of dark obliterates the tower, the enemy shot an attack through that, which was impossible to see as it was the same colour, and as a result I ended up with a dead character.

It's be great if it were easier to distinguish these.

The House (Part 1) The House (Part 1)

I really like it..

It seems like a really good game, though I haven't worked out how to use the symbols to advance. I'm guessing its something to do with the piano and the keys, and the shapes the symbols make, but not idea where to go from there.
Heh, I feel rather stupid. It's a good, solid game though, with a creepy sort of atmosphere.

DarkLink777 responds:

Thanks! Here's a hint: Don't worry about the symbols until after you've made it past the piano.

Don't feel stupid, it's not easy. ^^

Thanks again!

Swine Flu : Hamdemic! Swine Flu : Hamdemic!

It was a pretty good game..

It was pretty good game, an amusing way to waste a few minutes, and the pig noises made it quite funny.

I really don't get what this racism reaction is about. Well, firstly Mexican is a nationality, not a race, secondly I don;t see what is so offensive about it.

I'm welsh and if the flu has started here, and someone made a game portraying a big guy in a rugby shirt pitching sheep into England, I wouldn't be at all offended. It's just a stereotype, it's obviously not reality, and everyone knows it isn't reality. My nation's stereotypes have never bothered me at all.

Also, not wanting to insult Kitten Cannon at all, but I found it really strange that people have no problem with a game that involves firing a kitten onto spikes with a cannon, but they get extremely upset about portraying a Mexican man wearing a mustache and a sombrero....I just think it's kinda weird.

hechaos responds:

Amen to that, my thoughts exactly. God bless Cardiff!

Soap Bubble II Soap Bubble II

Great game...

..I just happen to be rubbish at it. It is hard, but I think that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm still stuck on the third screen.
The graphics were great, really stylish, the whole thing had a great atmosphere.

Hit n' run Hit n' run

Not bad for a first attempt.

Good for a first try. Grahpics were a little plain for my liking, maybe a background that looks more like a parking lot or something like that would be better. The car was also pretty hard to control, I found it quite hard to get it going the direction I wanted. Also the people did somethimes die even when I missed.
Still, well done.

Transmigration Transmigration

Very stylishly done.

A very cleverly made flash and well synced the the music. Extremely innovative and impressive..and surprisingly good replay value for something so short. Loved the graphics too.